Whether you’ve loved wine for years or you’re a new fan, you can discover new varieties and places to enjoy wine in the Corridor in our guide. Have a favorite that’s not on the list? Let us know in the comments below!
1. Sip on locally-made wine when you visit Cedar Ridge Winery, located right off Interstate 380 in Swisher, Iowa. Taste complimentary samples or purchase a bottle to drink from their collection of wines. (Any leftover wine can be resealed and sent home with you!)
Cedar Ridge Winery
1441 Marak Rd NW, Swisher, IA 52338
2. There’s nothing better than relaxing with a nice glass of wine and a book in a cozy atmosphere. At RG Books, you can have both. Choose a wine from their extensive list and grab a book from one of the many bookshelves. If you’re hungry, head next door to Vinos for a delicious Italian feast.
3611 1st Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
3. Interested in learning more about wine? Attend an event at WineStyles of Cedar Rapids – from classes to tastings to craft and wine nights, they have a little something for everyone. If events aren’t your thing, you can also stop in for a glass of wine and order from their small plates menu.
WineStyles of Cedar Rapids
4201 42nd St NE #170, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
4. Is there a more iconic duo than wine and cheese? Build your own charcuterie board while you sip on a wine from the curated list at Brix Cheese Shop & Wine Bar, located in the Northside Marketplace area of Iowa City.
Brix Cheese Shop & Wine Bar
209 N Linn St, Iowa City, IA 52245
5. Whether you’re looking for a late afternoon glass or wanting to end your day with some vino, head to Apres Wine Bar & Bistro where you can enjoy a glass of wine in their beautiful location in the Peninsula neighborhood of Iowa City.
Apres Wine Bar & Bistro
1010 Martin St, Iowa City, IA 52245
6. You’ll feel right at home when you visit Della Viti, located in downtown Cedar Rapids. The comfortable lounge is perfect to unwind with a glass of wine after work or for a fun night out with friends.
203 1st Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
7. Shop for the perfect wine to enjoy at home at 1st Avenue Wine House. You’ll find a wide range of wines for diverse tastes and bottles for any budget.
1st Avenue Wine House
412 1st Avenue NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402