It’s almost the weekend! Celebrate the end of the work week and head out to lunch today with a co-worker or friend. You’ll spend less than $10 when you visit one of the restaurants on our list, leaving more money in your wallet for weekend fun!
1. Enjoy Saint Burch Tavern’s pick two lunch special for only $10. Make a selection from their sandwich menu – buffalo burrito, shrimp salad sandwich, tavern sandwich, grilled cheese or mushroom melt and choose a salad or soup as well.
Saint Burch Tavern
127 Iowa Ave, Iowa City, IA 52240
2. You won’t run out of options at Nodo. Choose from 24 sandwich and salad options, all $9 and under, or build your own. Enjoy classics like grilled cheese or chicken salad wrap or go with something unique like the turkey and cranberry wrap – smoked turkey, cranberry, relish, cream cheese, fresh herbs and mixed greens in an herb wrap.
5 S Dubuque St, Iowa City, IA 52240
3. There’s nothing better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold day. Head to Her Soup Kitchen where all the soups are made from scratch from local, sustainable and seasonal products whenever possible and only $5 for a 12 oz bowl. If soup isn’t your thing, there are also many sandwich and salad options available.
Her Soup Kitchen
625 S Dubuque St, Iowa City, IA 52240
4. Heading to lunch with a friend? You’ll only pay $8/person when you share the lunch for two special. Choose from soup or salad for each person and share any pizza on the menu.
920 E 2nd Ave #123, Coralville, IA 52241
5. When you’re craving noodles, Z’mariks is the place to go. Located in downtown Iowa City, they have been serving up pasta favorites since 2002. You won’t spend over $10 for a delicious bowl of extra cheesy mac n cheese, noodle bowlz, rice bowlz or salad bowlz. You can also pick any small bowl and pair it with a small soup or salad for only $7.99.
Z’mariks Noodle Cafe
19 S Dubuque St, Iowa City, IA 52240
6. Experience authentic Argentinean cuisine when you step into Maestro Empanadas. Empanadas are under $2 a piece, so pick and choose from their various flavors or enjoy a combo. Combo #1 includes 2 empanadas of your choice and a small salad or soup for only $5.95.
423 10th Ave, Coralville, IA 52241
7. Have you ever enjoyed mac n cheese, cheesy potatoes or buffalo chicken on a pizza? If you’re into unusual and unique pizzas, head to Mesa Pizza where you can grab big slices of delicious pizza for $4 and under.
114 E Washington St, Iowa City, IA 52240
8. Whether you’re craving steamed dumplings, fried dumplings or bao buns, you’ll be able to enjoy lunch for under $10 at Dumpling Darling. All dumplings are $9 and under and bao buns are $7 and under.
213 Iowa Ave, Iowa City, IA 52240
9. Get a steaming, hot calzone for less than $8 when you visit D.P. Dough for lunch! Some of the menu favorites include Chicken ParmaZone (breaded chicken, mozzarella, parmesan, marinara), Buffer Zone (breaded chicken, mozzarella, hot sauce and bleu cheese) and the Roni Zoni (pepperoni, mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta).
519 E Washington St, Iowa City, IA 52240
10. Pick two for $9.50 at 30 Hop, located in the Iowa River Landing. Choose from over 18 options, including salads, tacos, soups, mac n cheese and sandwiches.
900 E 2nd Ave, Coralville, IA 52241