Whether you’re excited about the beginning of fall or you’re dreading the end-of-summer, getting your house fall-ready will be sure to make you happy. These simple tips are easy and affordable ways to make your house welcoming and cozy.
- Update your front door with a fall-friendly wreath and rug. Bark & Bloom in the NewBo City Market carries unique, hand-made wreaths that are perfect for any home.
Bark & Bloom
1100 3rd St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401 (inside NewBo City Market)
- Burn an autumn-scented candle to make your house smell warm and inviting. Candle Barn creates 100% soybean wax candles that are hand-poured locally in Marion, Iowa. Find them at local craft shows, fairs and at Younkers in the Coral Ridge Mall.
- Change the placemats on your dining table to a fun fall pattern or color. Pier 1 Imports has a wide variety of styles to fit any type of decor.
Pier 1 Imports
1406 Twixt Town Rd, Marion, IA 52302
- Bring out the pumpkin decor – place them on your entryway table or as the centerpiece to your dining room table. Find pumpkins and other fun fall decorative accessories at Real Deals on Home Decor in North Liberty.
Real Deals on Home Decor
225 Beaver Kreek Center C, North Liberty, IA 52317
- Create a cozy oasis in your bed with warm, snuggly blankets and pillows. You’ll find a great selection of the coziest bedding at HomeGoods in Cedar Rapids. Have your flannel sheets on stand-by!
152 Collins Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
- Make sure your wood-burning fireplace is in working order. Schedule a chimney sweep if you haven’t had one in a while, and stock up on firewood. CR Tree Care has seasoned firewood for sale.
CR Tree Care