Whether you want to stay in town or venture to another part of the Corridor this weekend, you’ll be able to celebrate the beginning of fall at these fun, family-friendly events.
1. Take a trailer ride or walk around the orchard to pick some of your favorite Golden variety apples. Trailer rides are $5 per person (ages 4 and up) and are redeemable for apples and pumpkins. There are also lots of other treats and baked goods available in the store, including pies, turnovers, donuts and more.
4823 Dingleberry Rd NE, Iowa City, IA 52240
Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
2. Open to all ages, SodaFest is the perfect place to try all types of sodas. There will also be kid-friendly events like football toss, basketball shootouts, a climbing rock wall and more. The Iowa Children’s Museum will also be there with fall craft activities. Each $5 comes with a specialty acrylic tasting soda glass and unlimited samples of the sodas.
Iowa City SodaFest
302 E Bloomington St, Iowa City, IA 52245
Saturday, Sept. 30 for 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
3. Check out the animals and enjoy free kid-friendly activities at the Harvest Festival at Old MacDonald’s Farm at Bever Park. Activities will include a hayrack ride, apple bobbing, face painting, scarecrow making contest, obstacle course and more.
Old MacDonald’s Farm at Bever Park
2700 Bever Ave, Cedar Rapids, IA 52403
Saturday, Sept. 30 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
4. There will be something for every member of the family at Kalona Historical Village’s Annual Fall Festival, including demonstrations, handmade items, kids activities, live music, homemade foods and much more. Admission is $6 for adults age 13 and up, $2 for kids 7-12, age 6 and under are free.
Kalona Historical Village’s Annual Fall Festival
715 D Ave, Kalona, IA 52247
Friday, Sept. 29 and Saturday, Sept. 30 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
5. Pick out pumpkins, shop the country store and have some family fun at the Fall Festival Weekend at Bass Farms. There will be hay rack rides, face painting, sling shots, 18 hole mini-golf, bounce houses, giant tic tac toe and more. Admission is $6 per person, age 2 and under are free.
1325 Hwy 30, Mount Vernon, IA 52314
Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1 from 10:00 am – 6:00 am